Monday 25 August 2008

Douglas Miniatures Crimean War Range

These figures are among my all time favourites. I had acquired a small number from e-bay without having a clue what they were, until kindly identified by Harry Pearson. Characterised by their round bases, similar in proportion to Hinton Hunt, there is just something about these figures which caught my eye. The moulds, which had been feared lost, have been found and these figures will be put back into production. My intention was to wait for this and then build Crimean amies with the reissued figures, but in the meantime I seem to have acquired large numbers of Minifigs S range Crimea figures. But that is another story...

This photo shows the listing of the range in an original 1971 Douglas Miniatures catalogue.





No comments: