Monday 1 June 2020

Something different from Lamming - medieval Cogs


These are the 1/2400 scale Medieval cogs made by Bill Lamming and introduced, I think, at the same time as his medieval Campaign rules. I never had any back in the day, although BL sold them for pennies. They are now available again from Tony at ERM but cost a bit more these days.

I obtained these - all vintage castings - in two lots, in the last three or four motnhs. One set have a small cast on sea base, the other lot just a plain hull. I have put both types on basetexed pennies, to give a robust and protective sea base.

I'll add a bit of context to this post in the next few days.

3 comments:

The Good Soldier Svjek said...

I had some of these about 30 years ago , somebody did a set of naval rules for them , published in Military Modelling I think ?

Rob said...

I sold some recently on eBay - I do hope this is them and they're getting some use at last.

Vintage Wargaming said...

Rob, one lot were a private deal but the others were eBay. Did yours have the little sea base or not?